Join Victoria's Premier Property Management Team
We’re always looking for fresh talent to help us enhance Victoria’s rental market for residents and property owners alike. From building managers to office personnel, you can enjoy flexible schedules, health benefits and an open-door policy.
Residential Property Accountant
Devon is currently seeking a full-time Residential Property Accountant to join our team of dedicated professional accountants.
The Residential Property Accountant will be responsible for supporting the full accounting cycle for Devon’s portfolio of residential real estate properties. The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, self-starter with strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a collaborative team-player who is able to build business relationships within the organization and with our clients.
This position will fulfill all responsibilities and activities in close cooperation with other Property Accountants, Accounting Managers, Property Administrators and Property Managers. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following responsibilities.
- Accounts Receivable review, follow up and data entry
- Accounts Payable matching, batch, cheque processing; ensuring vendors are paid in a timely manner
- Reconcile GL and subledger accounts as required
- Perform bank reconciliations and capture journal entries
- Prepare monthly financial statements, bank reconciliations and journal entries; ensuring reporting deadlines are met in a timely manner
- In conjunction with the broader accounting staff, process the daily, weekly, monthly and annual client accounting operations (e.g., accounts payable)
- Ensure timely completion and maintenance of accounting data to meet reporting deadlines
- Verify the accuracy of invoices, track and monitor purchase orders and interact with tenants and vendors
- Assist Property Managers with financial accounting inquiries and research
- Serve as backup support for other administrative staff as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Technical & Functional Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and customer service skills; works well with others
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, time-management, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Understanding of the real estate industry is an asset
Education and Experience
- College diploma or University degree preferable in business or financial management
- A professional accounting designation or working towards an accounting is an asset
- Prior professional accounting experience in real estate / legal / accounting industry preferred
For more information and to apply for this job, please email:
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. All successful candidates will be subject to background checks.