Current Resident Info

Frequently Asked Questions

All You Need to Know

You’ve moved into your new home and you have questions, from paying your rent to managing maintenance requests. Read our most frequently asked questions for current residents and make everyday life that much simpler.

  • How do I pay my rent?

    Devon’s preferred method of payment is through our online rent payment partner platforms. For your convenience, you can set up automatic recurring payments online via our payment partners bank account options , debit card, or credit card. To create a new account and pay your rent, please go to:

    Alternatively, we accept personal cheques, post-dated cheques, certified cheques or money orders. Please ensure your cheque is made out to the correct payee, as it may vary depending on the property you live at. If you are unsure who to make your cheque out to, please reach out to your building manager. Please ensure the address, including building and unit number, are included on any form of payment. Devon does not accept cash rent payment except for extenuating circumstances, which can only be paid at Devon’s corporate office.

  • When is my rent due?

    One of your most important obligations as a tenant is to pay your full rent on time. With Devon Properties, rent is due on the first day of the month. You are required to pay rent on time even if the day it’s due falls on a holiday or your bank is closed.

  • What happens if I pay my rent late?

    All residents must pay their rent on time. If the rent is unpaid, the landlord will issue a late payment charge and a notice to end tenancy to the tenant, which may take effect not earlier than 10 days after the date the tenant receives the notice.

    The late payment charge, along with the unpaid rent, will stay on your tenant account until you provide Devon with certified funds (e.g. cash, certified cheque or RentMoola) to cover the outstanding balance. All late payment charges become a permanent part of your tenant history, so should be avoided.

  • Can I sublet/AirBnb my unit when I go away?

    If a resident wishes to sublet their apartment, they must contact the Devon Building Manager and arrange to complete the required paperwork. The “subletter” will complete a small portion of the standard resident screening process. Please note, the legal registered tenants on the lease are still 100% responsible for any unpaid rent and issues that may arise with the “subletter” occupying their unit.

    Airbnb and/or vacation rentals are not permitted uses of the rental apartment and as such are a material breach of a rental agreement. Refusing to follow the rental agreement guidelines could result in termination of tenancy (e.g., eviction).

  • What happens if there’s a maintenance issue in the apartment?

    Devon’s policy is to provide a first-class accommodation that is enjoyable for all residents. If there are any outstanding maintenance issues in your suite, please contact your building manager directly by email or phone (provided in your move-in package and available on our website). In the unlikely event these issues are not taken care of in a timely manner, please call our office at 250.595.7000 or email

    Devon will provide and maintain the residential property in a reasonable state of decoration and repair, suitable for occupation by a resident. The resident must also take the necessary steps to repair damage to the residential property caused by the actions or neglect of the resident.

  • What happens if I break my lease?

    If a resident breaks their lease a liquidated damage charge will be added to their account, as per the lease agreement.

  • Will I get a chance to inspect my suite before I move in? What about before I move out?

    The Devon building manager and the new resident must inspect the condition of the rental unit together upon the resident taking possession. This inspection will include completing a written move-in inspection together. A similar written inspection shall take place at the end of the tenancy. These inspections are required by the Residential Tenancy Act.

  • Am I allowed to decorate the apartment without penalty?

    Decorations visible from the exterior of a building must not be used without the landlord’s prior written consent. The resident will not hang or store anything in or on the windows, balconies or other areas of the building, suite or residential property which would interfere with the uniform appearance of the property. The resident will not make or cause any structural alteration to the rental unit or residential property. Painting, papering or decorating of the rental unit or residential property will be done only with Devon’s prior written consent and with Devon’s approved colours.

    If the above is not followed, Devon has the right to claim against the resident for any damage to a residential property.

  • Are there designated building quiet hours?

    The tenant must not cause or allow loud conversation or noise to disturb the quiet enjoyment of another occupant of the residential property or other person at any time.

    In particular, building quiet hours are between 10:00pm and 9:00am and must be strictly adhered to. It is important to note that any noise that disturbs other residents is not permitted at any time.

  • Are utilities included? If so, which ones?

    Your tenancy agreement indicates which utilities are included. These may include heat and hot water, or other similar utilities. In most cases electricity is not included and therefore setting up and maintaining payments to BC Hydro is solely a tenant responsibility.

  • Who should I contact in case of an emergency at the residential property?

    In the event of a bona fide emergency – meaning where conditions involving real or potential loss of service or property or personal danger i.e., fire, flood or other imminent danger to the residents or the property – please immediately contact your Building Manager, if it is within regular business hours. If it is outside of regular business hours please contact the DEVON PROPERTIES EMERGENCY LINE at 250.598.3424 . If you are in serious personal danger from injury, fire, etc. please call 911 prior to calling your Building Manager. For other assistance where your dedicated Building Manager is on their day off or statutory holidays, please contact the Emergency Contact for your building that has been provided to you.

Still have questions?

Please get in touch, and we’ll be happy to provide more information.

Contact Us

Please confirm you are a person.