Cleanliness and safety are always our top priority, but we are focused on further enhancing our existing standards during the COVID-19 pandemic. In all aspects of our operations and in every space—from door to door—we have implemented measures to protect employees, tenants and community members, including contractors and visitors. The purpose of these policies is to mitigate the risk of the contraction and spread of the COVID-19 illness, to ensure the safety of the community, and to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
We have taken the following steps in order to reduce the possibility of the COVID-19 virus spreading:
Information & Communication
- COVID-19 Information and Resources: We continue to monitor Public Health directives and ensure all protocols are implemented to ensure the safety of all employees, tenants, visitors and properties.
- COVID-19 Communication: Public Health directives and safety protocols are communicated to all employees and Public Health Notices are posted in conspicuous places in all properties.
- Daily Health Checks: Employees are required to self-assess their health daily.
- Ill Staff Members/Attendance: In accordance with Devon Properties Ltd.’s policy, employees have been advised of the following:
- An enhanced sick policy has been developed advising staff to stay home if ill and/or to work from home if able.
- Workers have been provided information and resources regarding what to do if they are experiencing COVID-like symptoms.
- Increased Cleaning Protocols: The common area cleaning schedule has been increased, specifically of high-use and high-touch areas.
- Occupancy Limits Posted: A key component of reducing the risk of contracting COVID-19 is by keeping a distance of 2 meters between individuals from different households. Based on these guidelines, occupancy limits for common spaces have been posted in elevators, staircases, passageways and other tight spaces. All employees, tenants, visitors and contractors are advised to follow the guidelines provided in these posters to ensure appropriate distancing.
- Public Gatherings: Public gatherings are not permitted in any common areas and all non-essential amenities are closed until further notice.
- Contractors: The Property Manager will ask all contractors specific screening questions regarding their potential exposure to COVID-19 prior to allowing them access to a building. If a contractor indicates that they have potentially been exposed to COVID-19, they will not be allowed access to any building.
- Contractors will minimize contact with any non-required surfaces and take appropriate measures such as wearing masks or gloves, as may be required.
- Tenant Guidelines: All tenants and visitors are asked to comply with building instructions around minimizing exposure to COVID-19 including maintaining physical distancing and good personal hygiene habits.
- Interactions With Current and Potential Tenants: All property management staff ensure they practice all required COVID-19 safety measures including screening and wearing proper PPE in carrying out all building management requirements.
Devon Properties will continue to monitor Public Health and other related authorities for updated guidelines.